The Cecilian Singers was founded in 1962 and it is one of Hong Kong’s oldest running mixed choirs.
We sing a wide-ranging repertoire from madrigals to world music; by composers ancient and modern, both a capella and accompanied. Our programmes reflect our love of choral diversity and it is something we are known for.
We are a registered charity in Hong Kong and a large proportion of our ticket sales from all of our concerts go to charities of our choice.
Donating to charity is very important to us and it is one of our key objectives – we sing for other charities. See below some charities we have sung for and click for an overview on us, click – The Cecilian Singers Bio
Between 2013 -2016, all concerts and rehearsals were conducted by Kent Lee, with Jackie Fung as the organist/ pianist.
Some of the charities that we have donated to include:
- Archbishop’s Worldwide Relief Fund
- Bethune House
- Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs Association of Hong Kong
- Christian Action
- Child Welfare Scheme (HK)
- Half The Sky Foundation
- Helpers for Domestic Helpers (HDH)
- Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre
- Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF HK)
- Moonlight Foundation Nepal (MFN)
- Olga’s Promise
- Outward Bound
- Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (HK)
- The Home of Loving Faithfulness
- The Hong Kong Red Cross South East Asia Relief Fund
- The Resonance Project
- The Royal British Legion
- United Mission Nepal (UMN)